Saturday, September 29, 2007

Rock The Bells feat. Wu Tang Clan and Rage Against The Machine 8.11.07

Even though I hate the Glen Helen Pavilion in San Bernandino, California with a passion, I still went to the Rock the Bells hip hop festival. And despite all the inconveniences that venue provides like 105 degree weather (summertime only), over-crowded, trash everywhere, parking a mile away, and traffic getting in and out of the venue (2 to 3 hour wait if you stay till the show ends), I still manage to have a good time with the help from my first musical love - HIP HOP. Oh hip hop, how I love thee. Helping to bring my first love to my ears were sick performances from Black Star, The Roots, Nas, and Cypress Hill. Wu-Tang Clan was a huge delight to see perform all together. However, the performance was moderate. The Clan tends to have 9 guys yeling into the microphone at the same time, which kills it. Yet, Rage Against The Machine gave a fuckin' great performance with a lot energy and a wonderful encore that was better than their performance at Coachella 2007.

Here'a a direct link to these pictures via Picasa:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ashton.turner/RockTheBells

No comments: