Friday, October 19, 2007

30 Days of Night Arrives In Theatres Today

Based on the popular graphic novel of the same name, 30 Days of Night makes it's way to the big screen today. The premise of the film is that vampires (who are harmed by the sun) move to Barrow, Alaska, and terrorize the area. An excellent concept for a novel and a film, I've been looking forward to seeing this movie after reading excerpts from the graphic novel, seeing the cool teaser posters around L.A., and watching the trailer. I also found out that the director David Slade was also directed the indie movie Hard Candy which I recommend everyone should watch. So I figured 30 Days of Night is going to be a kick ass movie. However, early reviews of the film (courtesy of the Hollywood Reporter and the Daily Variety) has been moderate to bad. One HR critic gave the filmmakers kudos for the keeping the story line close enough to graphic novel. But as the critic conveys "...dramatically, the film is a shambles, with whiplash-inducing lurches in tone and pacing that make it seem as if portions were edited out of sequence." Somewhat discouraging, but none the less one woman's opinion. Well, I'm going to have to judge for myself when I see the film, and so should you too. For more info click on the pic above.

No comments: