Friday, October 5, 2007

Balboa Island Labor Day Weekend 2007


Since 1999, my friends and I have been going to Balboa Island in Newport Beach, CA. It has become our own personal retreat from L.A. thanks to our friend Brotha James. James' family has a family pad there on the tiny island where he invites us to come down throughout spring and summer. As much as I hate going to the OC, I have to admit that Balboa Island is a beautiful beach community to runaway to...especially with your friends. Personally, I like to go there just to scare white folks as I bump hip hop music out of my car with two 10" in the trunk...haha. Naw, but seriously the best about Balboa Island is just being down there with you friends as you bar-b-q, drink, party, bike ride, swim, sail, and play like little kids at a park.

Here's a direct link to the pictures above via Picasa:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ashton.turner/BalboaIslandLaborDayWeekend2007

Below are two short videos from Balboa Island that weekend. Excuse our drunk behavior...haha.

No comments: